I’ve been “tagged” by a friend of mine to divulge things people may not know about me and then to answer several other questions. Well, here goes:
1) I earned money for college working summers as a photographer for the U.S. Navy at N.A.S. Pensacola for the Naval Air Rework Facility that was there. I was a photographer for the Public Affairs Office and had the run of the navy base in a cool electric cart. Talk about your dream job during summers in college. [My secret dream was to be a fighter pilot in the U.S. Navy or an Egyptologist].
2) I attended a Roman Catholic High School and won “best religion student” my junior and senior year. I was told it was the only time a Lutheran won “best religion student,” let alone twice.
3) I worked as a member of a land surveying crew during summers in High School. Lots of outdoor work. Hard work. Hot work. But very satisfying.
4) I spent many summers as a kid puttering around the Bayou down the street from my home in Pensacola, Florida, in a very small boat with a 2.5 horsepower motor. I fished nearly every morning from 6:00 to 10:00 but don’t remember catching much worth frying.
5) Given the fact that I’m a fairly “bookish” person [geek, nerd] it was shocking to me and many others that I married a very athletic and talented high school and university cheerleader, and was married before my senior year in college! She’s the greatest human being on the face of the planet as far as I’m concerned. We have three great children. She does all our home repair. In fact, as I type this, she is fixing our garbage disposal. I have no more mechanical ability than one of our hamsters.
6) My children are all very gifted musically. Son #1 plays trumpet very well and won state honors; Son #2 plays violin wonderfully; Daughter [only] is an accomplished piano player. I took piano for two years. I love music. But I don’t know where they get all this musical talent.
FOUR JOBS YOU’VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
Member of a surveying crew
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Lord of the Rings
The Right Stuff
Pirates of the Caribbean
CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Saint Louis, Missouri
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
Law and Order
FOUR PLACES YOU’VE BEEN ON “VACATION”
Northern Ontario, Canada
Grand Tetons, Wyoming
Golf resort in Northern Minnesota
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS/BEVERAGES
Medium Rare beef — Prime grade — any kind
My mom’s fried chicken
My mother-in-law’s rice dish
My wife’s turkey stuffing
FOUR PLACES YOU’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
I’m in my favorite place right now — at home in front of the fire with family.